Friday, August 15, 2008

The Diary

The first time I've met you,

I treat you as nothing;

'Coz, I didn't know your name,

Everything 'bout you is unclear.


When I've known your name,

We start talking to each other;

I thought that was the time,

To accept you as my classmate.


Now I've known you're my classmate,

I always seek your help;

Particularly, during our drawing class,

Resulting to call you my friend.


When we were together,

My life full of happiness;

For being joker, prosperous and friendly man,

Qualities that made you become my close friend.


Until God wanted to test,

How strong our friendship was;

You said, you stop studying,

That made my tears falling.


And then He answered my prayer,

At last! you agreed to my plan;

being apart was no space for us,

You and I were best of friends.


One night I was thinking,

If you're the one I've been searching for;

Until I've noticed myself writing,

"To you my bestfriend."

At first I've felt comfortable to you,

But as times goes by;

I tried to ask myself,

"Is am I also your bestfriend?"


I tried to find for the answers,

But what I've got were all negative;

You're always teasing and quarreling me,

My gifts, you didn't give importance.


I summarized all of them,

Collected and compacted as one;

I sadly concluded,"Oh God! I have mistaken again."

I tried to help you, But you regret all of them;


I prayed to our almighty God,

To lighten and widen your mind.

I verify my conclusion,

Until you came to my side;


Both of us were talking

Expressing our grievance to each other.

At night, I tried to write to you,

But I'm sorry I didn't,

Due to over fatigue and stress.


Haven't mistaken I received a letter,

After riding a train, I opened it;

I shock for the title while asking,

"Is what I've read true?"


As a response to your poem,

With all my heart and mind,

Without a doubt, no more no less,

I unabashedly say, ""You're my bestfriend"too.


The poem that I made to my bestfriend in college. (he!he! Andami ko poem noh?). That poem is my response to his poem.

No comments: